Indigenously developed Covid-19 vaccine Covaxin has reached 30 cities in 30 days despite quite a few employees being hit by SARS-CoV-2, a top official of the company said on Tuesday. “Covaxin reaches 30 cities within 30 day. All our employees are committed, working 24×7 thru lockdowns for the country’s immunisation…Some are still quarantined & off work,” Bharat Biotech joint managing director Suchitra Ella tweeted. Ella also tweeted the list of cities that Covaxin has reached through private hospital dispatches that include the metros and tier-1 cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune. The list of cities where Bharat Biotech has supplied through private hospitals also includes smaller cities like Amritsar. Calicut, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Goa, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Jaipur, Jalgaon, Kanpur, Khammam, Kochi, Mohali, Mysore, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida, Raipur, Shimoga, Vijayawada, Vizag and Warangal. Ella has been giving regular updates on the direct dispatch status of Covaxin to states and private hospitals, which began on May 1 when the Centre’s liberalised vaccination policy came into force. Bharat Biotech had started out with direct dispatches to six states – Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu & Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh – from April 25 for their vaccination programme and has been gradually ramping up supplies to various states and private hospitals. Suchitra Ella had recently stated that of the total production of Covaxin, 60% is supplied to the Centre and of the remaining 40% nearly half each (20%) is supplied to state governments and private hospitals.
May 25, 2021, 08:31PM ISTSource: TOI.in